Folks -

I came across some paperwork recently that listed the serial number of the M1icon Inland my father had. He sold it around 1988 in the Monmouth County area of New Jersey. I fully regret not taking that weapon when it was offered to me, but at the time I was in no position to store the M1. It was in excellent shape and maintained. I can recall my Uncle (WIA at Chosin Reservoir as a SGT and spent the rest of his days in a wheelchair teaching Chinese History), and my Father (retired with 28 year USMC) discussing that weapon and knowing to keep my mouth shut and just listen while they spoke about its capabilities.

I am trying to post on as many forums as I can to see if there is some way to find this rifle. I fully understand that the current owner may not be in a position to part with it, so I can only offer the information I know about it to share with the current owner.

The Serial Number is Inland 6841484. I understand that shortly after the sale NJ deemed it an assault weapon and the owner may have registered it. I am trying to find a friendly that might have access to that registry but have had no luck so far.

If any of you have any ideas on how to find this needle in the haystack, I sure would appreciate your suggestions. So far, I have or will post on the CMPicon, USmilitaria and a member of the CMP forum added a post onto the uscarbine30cal site on my behalf.

Thanks you in advance!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.