I own a Walther pistol that appears to be a Model HP (Heeres Pistol) but I have a suspicion that it might be made up of part of an HP and part of a P38 and I would appreciate it if someone could give me their opinion on this.

The left hand side of the slide shows the Walther banner followed by the notation
"Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thur), Walther's Patent Cal. 9m/m Mod HP"

The right hand side of the slide at the front has a tiny stamp which appears to be an Eagle over an indistinct number or letter. Half way back from this stamp on the right hand side of the slide is a stamp of an Eagle over the number 353. There is a number, 15007, stamped into the under side of the barrel at the front of the slide.

On the right hand side of the frame there is stamped the number 13947 directly above the front of the trigger guard. This number has been electro pencilled into the right hand side of the slide just back and below the tiny stamp of the Eagle and indistinct number or letter.

The grips appear to be made of a dark brown plastic like material, possibly Bakelite, and are of the grooved style. There is a lanyard ring on the left hand side of the grip just above the magazine release.

It occurs to me that the upper part of this pistol is from a Model HP and the lower part is from a P38.

Any advice on this pistol would be welcome.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.