As they say...long time listener, first time caller.
I’ve hopped on and off here over the years, along with some other related boards that have come and gone. A few Mausers reside in the safe, along with a few Swissicon’ and other odds and ends.

Here’s the question: Picked up a 1943 No.4 Mk. II/III Maltby. All matching and in decent shape with good bore. It went thru Fazarkely in the early 50s for refurbish. Overall fairly clean but has the grundge in the corners and recesses. My initial thought here is to leave it stocked up and just work over the wood and metal with mineral spirits, some rags, and a tooth brush. My concern is doing a detail strip before I even know what kind of shooter I have. Reading up on the whole “stocking up” thing is a bit intimidating to say the least. I have NO issues detail stripping any firearm, but the voodoo involved with these has me putting on the brakes until I have a chance to see exactly what I’m working with. Advice greatly appreciated, pics to follow.

Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.