Stopped in a gun shop I haven't been in since the pandemic shutdown. Asked about military and they bring out a cut down 8mm Carcano. Initial thoughts were swapping out the stock with one I have but I did a bit of research and this isn't a Germanicon conversion, it's a post war Italianicon conversion for Egypt. Has a big S on the receiver ring so confirmed. Bore looks good, exterior metal barrel and receiver are OK but the magazine well is stripped like a lot of Egyptian stuff. So, would this be a worthwhile investment to try to fix up. They will take $125 cash for it. If this was a German conversion I'd snap it up but not sure on the post war example. Kind of threw cold water on the whole thing.

I have a stock I believe will fit it plus all the missing metal and a replacement magazine well. All on an imported and shortened rifle that the chamber has a weld in it. I'd have to drill out the stock bolts, not sure how hard that will be but insetting the larger rings on the ends might be an issue.

Just looking for some feedback. Worthwhile project or not. I understand these things kick like a mule.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.