Local Date
    05-02-2024
    Local Time
    08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Payneicon View Post
    You mean it's about as much use a tXXs on a fish?!?%
    Farmed fish - let's not go there!

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Doyne View Post
    Interesting, I assume Fulton fitted it as part of the the regulation. I have no idea what is going on in the lower fore-stock as I don’t intend on taking it off at least until I’ve shot it, and even then not unless I have reason.

Thanks Surpmill, I will give that a try. You can make the numbers out a bit better in the flesh, they look like 8461, 9461 or 2461....

Additionally there is a chest with it which I am test to see and only found out about after agreeing to buy it , apparently it is “falling to bits” but who knows maybe a label survives..

Out of interest do we think the lower fore stock is original?

The wood has been varnished, and is now a trifle chipped in places, leaving dry patches. I personally don’t like varnished wood.

I assume the wood in service would have just been oiled as per normal and the varnish is a post service addition. Assuming that to be the case and given the varnish is comming away and exposing rather dry wood I would like to strip it back. However I done what to remove more of the markings, thoughts?
    I'm not sure if one could tell whether the forend is original, but am guessing the butt is. Rifle serial number on the tenon of the butt?

Paint stripper is probably the least harm possible; scraping as little as possible.
    Last edited by Surpmil; 11-22-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    “There are invisible rulers who control the destinies of millions. It is not generally realized to what extent the words and actions of our most influential public men are dictated by shrewd persons operating behind the scenes.”

Edward Bernays, 1928

Much changes, much remains the same.