During the pandemic I have been at home...the wife keeps me hopping but I have had a few spare minutes to start working through THE COMPLETE BOOK ON LEE ENFIELD ACCURIZING. In so doing I discovered the the inner band was missing it's spring and washer so I looked for and found a set and when I installed them the barrel poked up at the muzzle end so much that putting on the nose piece was a fantasy. Has anyone else had this problem?

The rifle is a pretty good shooter already so I am not sure why I should not just use the inner band and screw without the spring and washer or, if it is deemed necessary to "dampen harmonic vibrations", how to install them so that I can get the nose piece on again. I should mention that the barrel already has enough rise on it that the muzzle presses against the top of the nosepiece opening. My understanding is that the muzzle should be centered in the nose piece opening.

I don't really want to start excavating the recess in the forend that houses the screw, spring and washer for the inner band. Any thoughts?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.