Quote Originally Posted by Roger Payneicon View Post
1941 Mk1 0C3XX 6 groove barrel. Matching bolt. Woodwork original Savage 4T wood but from another Savage rifle. Forend serialled 8866 (?C8866) & butt bears S51 in usual place & scope number 6707.

1942 Mk1* 12C93XX Replacement Britishicon 5 groove barrel & walnut forend. S51 in usual place. Less Telescope rifle.

1942 Mk1* 14C02XX Original 2 groove barrel & woodwork. S51 in usual place. Originally fitted with scope serial number 7386 (already missing when I acquired the rifle).

I'm only thinking out loud here, but I wonder if there may be a tendency for the Less Telescope rifles to be the ones that got replacement 5 groove barrels & often replacement forends as well? I have seen one or two LT rifles that bear replacement front woodwork as well as replacement tubes. And on the other hand the unaltered 2 groover Mk1* rifles may tend to be the rifles that were completed with telescopes. It will be interesting to see what trends emerge, assuming some do! I have a pal who has a scoped up 2 grove Mk1* T so I'll try & get his data as well.
Thanks for these! Do any of yours exhibit the t stamp and rear of receiver top as per my photo?