When clearing out my GB watch box today of ended items I looked over a few to see what they sold for. One I recall was a late Inland I had clicked 'Watch' on to look over later, it was late at night. Never got back to it until today and seen it had ended for $1,200 without hitting the reserve. Opened it up to see if it was relisted, but it wasn't. Seen the seller was a Pawn shop, so figured they sold it in shop.

Then noticed they had added this to the description on 9-16:

This is a Class 3 item and will be ended and relisted correctly to satisfy ATF laws. Sorry for any inconvenience.

"To satisfy ATF laws" Sorta stands out doesn't it ?

Originally I never studied the pictures and was planning on looking it over later but never did. Now after looking I see it was a M2 stamped receiver.
For the heck of it I did a Google search of the item number and found a post about it on a carbine forum.

Here's part of the OP:
came across a nice looking late featured inland M1icon listing.. Serial number in the 7 million, with M2 marked receiver, 45 dated barrel. A legitimate inland M2. The seller was a pawn shop in Jonesboro, AR who had no idea what it was. It was purchased by them as part of a large collection. The seller had purchased it years ago in an estate sale. I alerted the seller to the issue by email . I called the ATF with the serial number and was told it was not in the registry. I called the pawn shop today and asked them about it. Fortunately they read my email (never got a response) and contacted the ATF. They told me they had buyer pleading with them to end the auction early as the reserve was met. This beautiful piece of history came to an inglorious, although legal, end today when they sawed it in half. .. I am buying the barrel, stock, and small parts however, so not all is lost.

(Actually the Reserve hadn't been met)

The OP caught some burn from a few other members, mostly Asking Why was it any Business of his.

OP replied in part:
"I believe in helping people when they clearly are making an honest mistake that could cost them dearly in legal terms."
"I did not rat them out the ATF. I only asked if the carbine was on the registry, and gave the ATF no additional information. I passed this along to the seller and advised them what they should do. They were free at that point to make their own decision. They were very appreciative of my help, by the way. If it had been registered, I was going to buy it, and offer them what it was really worth- another reason why it was my business."

***I'm wondering if the parts, stock should have been offered to the leading bidder at the time they ended the auction. Or maybe the seller felt obligated to sell those parts to the Guy who informed him it was a M2. I know it was the sellers call, so just wondering.***

***Very interested in members thoughts about how this was handled ? ***

Link to GB: Inland US Carbine 30 Cal Rifle - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 878732931
Link to forum post: True story, happened this week...

Inland Serial Number 7,131,626
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.