Real Name
    Ovidio Gentiloni
    Local Date
    04-30-2024
    Local Time
    11:52 PM

Ammo for Reduced Loads - Home Shooting

Here we are.
    In the SHTF thread I posted a few pictures taken after shooting with a new “toy”.
    I bought a pack of 6 .38 Special shells for shooting at home during this frigging lock-down.
    I was a bit scheptical, but actually only heard good opinions about these products.
    They are made for 9x21 and .38 Special/.357 M. And now also for .223 Rem. No idea if they’re ok yet, but I’ve seen that there are the first few reviews on the net.
    The manufacturer suggests to use Large Rifle Magnum primers for the handgun calibers.
    I’ve seen the video of an Italianicon U-tuber and it seems that with those primers the bullets land at POA at 10 metres. .38 that is.
    I used Large Pistol primers, not even magnums, and my bullets landed, at 10 metres, 6 inches lower than my normal wad cutters at 15 metres.
    I adjusted my POA and the group was phenomenal. I normally use the 6 ‘o clock hold, but that threw me off the box with the target. Aiming at the red dot at 12 ‘o clock made the trick.
    The noise is nothing, just a small bang. No ear protection needed. It just stinks a bit, but to me that is perfume;-D
    Backstop.
    With LP primers, my bullets go through two complete cardboard boxes (the big brown ones for a table-kit) and a lighter one (the black one with the target on it). Perfect holes, through and through. But no signs on the wall.
    I put three or four newspapers in the small box and so I could catch all the bullets in the small box already. The bullets chow up the papers, but get stuck.
    With LRM primers, the result could be quite different. The energy is over 23 joule, so pretty substantial.
    Loading is simple. Just a hand-priming tool or a rubber mallet, and then pressing the bullet with the thumb in its place.
    Depriming can be done with the proprietary tool, if you buy the kit including it, or with a simple punch, as I did.
    Goes fast enough and is very easy.
    The kids had a lot of fun.
    The bullet shown in the picture has 4 or 5 “rounds” already on her shoulders, so, if you don’t shoot walls or hard surfaces, they last a lot.
    I was thinking about buying the 9 mm brass. The bullets are the same.
    I want to train a bit for dynamic shooting, and need to regain my ability at draing and shooting quickly.
    The thing is called Aravon’s Blu.
    It is made by an Italian Company.
    Sorry for the turned pictures. I don’t know why that happens sometimes...

Attachment 113561Attachment 113562Attachment 113563Attachment 113564Attachment 113565Attachment 113566Attachment 113567
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    34a cp., btg. Susa, 3° rgt. Alpini

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to Ovidio For This Useful Post: