04-12-2024 @ 08:25 AM
    Real Name
    J Voss
    Local Date
    05-03-2024
    Local Time
    05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Potato View Post

Good question. I was a little less than smart when I installed it and the front blade is canted at least a couple degrees off center to the left... It's a repro front sight and the barrel is a gunsmith re-barrel (the bore of the original was worn out and mildly corroded) that lacked a front sight.
    The front sight shouldn't have any adjustment rotationally with the right parts. The barrel keyway, sight key, and front sight should all fit together tightly. If the front sight is tight but canted, your new barrel might not be indexed properly. Check the tick marks on the barrel shoulder and receiver, then check alignment using two bubble levels from the receiver and barrel flats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Potato View Post
    Add to all of this a bad roll of the celestial dice regarding 1984 Korean surplus .30 Carbine from SGAmmo (about a quarter of the 1080 rounds have the green/blue corrosion on the brass cases/up the sides of the bullets themselves), and it's safe to say that I've had quite a few less than stellar experiences with my M1icon Carbine. That's not to say I don't like the rifle, but I just can't seem to catch a break haha. Sorry for the ranting/rabbit trailing. Here's to hoping my streak ends!
    The Korean ammo is great shooting ammo but there are some "bad" cans in the mix where moisture got in. I also received several with similar issues, one 84 and one 85. Several others were absolutely perfect like it was made yesterday. The discolored rounds look a bit ugly but I deemed all mine safe to shoot and have shot them up already. There's a few posts on CC forum where the ammo has been discussed. Watch out for pierced or slightly backed out primers on the 84, I've had a very few where that happened.

2. Thank You to GotSnlB28 For This Useful Post: