I had a friend give me 1000 9MM bullets he and a friend had made up in their fabrication shop with some type of hard golden coating on them 7 or 8 years ago. Along with some sample bags with 20 in each of Carbine, .45 and .38spl / .357 all round nose and all a Golden color. 1 .45 had been squeezed down in a vice to about 1/2 it's height to show the outside coating didn't flake off and how hard they are. I'd forgot about them and just came across them while organizing my load room. It was a long time back and I don't remember all the details but think I remember him saying they had some type of Moly coating or something like that. They are lead, but you wouldn't know it with that coating on them. He's currently out of town but I'll ask him more about them when he returns.

With that said I tried looking up coated bullets and came across a web site today that look to have that same coating on them.

A company called Bayou Bullets, here's a link to what they say about the coating:
About Our Bullets

And here is a link to their coated Carbine bullets which are 115Gr RN:
.30 Carbine 115 Gr. RN - Bayou Bullets

I don't want to get in to loads rates...etc, So this doesn't get moved to the Reloading Forum.
Just wanting to know if any of you have tried Lead bullets like this with these Hi-Tech Lube (?) Coatings ?
And if you have did they shoot OK for you. I'd assume no leading...?
I only shoot FMJ, not even soft lead points thru Carbines, though I've become the owner of a few thousand lead nose over the years.

Can anyone pass along their experiences ?

To Add: I just read that this company is running 12-14 week backlog
.30 Carbine - Coated Bullets - Hi-Tek Supercoat Bullets - Bayoubullets.net

I seen 1 listing on GB today for a 100 count box of Hornady soft points that was @ $40.00 + $8.95 shipping with 2 days left. 1 box on the whole sight !
Was also amazed at what completed auctions for Primers had sold for

I'm stocked up, but was just curious about these coated Lead cast after seeing them again.

Thx,
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.