Like I said, a little bitter? I will address each of your points with consideration and without emotion.

Point 1..If you knew the facts, and by your statement you do not, you would know that the Police did in fact respond to the VA tech shooting as soon as possible. the problem was two-fold, incorrection information provided as to where the shooter was and a "No-Gun" clause on campus. If you recall I stated I support carrying of firearms by qualified person's.

Point 2...You may feel safer with your "1911" but only a fool brings a pistol to a gun fight. I would prefer to call in close air support but since that is not practical then the Police Long Arm Weapons are far superior to your pistol, you know this to be true.

Point 3...Your opinion is just that, your opinion. The BDU Uniform is far more practical than the shirt and tie look. As for mask, I never wore one but in cases of undercover Officers on raids I can see where they have a place.

Point 4...I do not know how many of these Special Police Units have faced an actual gunmen or been in a firefight. I do know that the Units I trained or trained with were trained correctly by those of us who have been there. They were not just expending ammo and perhaps doing incorrect drills over and over. But again, maybe your skills are superior to the average Police Officer, maybe not I do not know.

Point 5...Again an opinion, "most I know and know of would wait until the shooting stops" is clearly an emotional and factless statement. Cowardness in something that I have rarely seen among Police Officers. In fact it is their very nature of confronting an issue that often leads them to rush into danger sometimes without a proper plan. But that is corrected with training, proper training!

The rest of your statements need not be addressed. I do not know where you live or what standards your state places on Police Training. If Police Officers act like idiots then they should be charged like idiots. That goes for all public servants alike. I am sorry if your offended at my comments. I respect your right to disagree, I know I have earned that right and enjoy taking the time to debate. But I will say it again, far too many people who think they can do it better do just that, THINK they can do it better. They never make an attempt at changing anything, they just complain over and over!

For those of you who know this verse Romans 13:4 'For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid for he does not bear the sword in vain for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil." It applies to those charged with keeping Law and Order. I only added this in response to Proverbs 29:23, which actually does not apply to having pride in your country, work, family or branch of service.