Ok, so if I haven't mentioned it, I am a father (again). I have been on vacation for two weeks since having my newborn daughter and have not been able to get to the range despite having planned to do it, and even having approval from the wife. Something about newborns and not sleeping makes it hard to get motivated to do anything. Anyway, the good news is that since my sleep schedule is so messed up now I was really motivated after hours to take the measurements on the gas ports. They read as follows:

Barrel Port: could not measure
I: 0.098
II: 0.11 on one side, and 0.116 on the other
III: 0.12 and 0.13
IV: 0.145
Gas port to gun: 0.177

I will try more magazines when I get the chance.
Springs still look good when inspecting them, but if anyone has a lead on how to replace the springs to freshen them up I am all ears.

I will try to get her all freshened up and cleaned for a day I get off work early so I can try to make it to the range to give a better update for you all. Since I haven't done anything to it since headspacing it though, the only thing I can really tell you is if I can get it to cycle properly on position IV.

Any other suggestions before I make my range trip are welcome so I can test more things out at the same time.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.