Well...I turned 40 yesterday. A bit depressing. Before all the curmudgeons jump in and curse me over it with "wait till you're ", remember that you've had a few years to get over being 40.
My depression didn't last long since the wife and kiddos bought me a LabRadar - hoping that it, along with the copy of Bryan Litz's book they got me for Christmas, would keep me busy enough to not even notice the mid-life crisis, magnified of course any lockdowns, ammo shortages, and everything else that made 2020 a bad year. Their strategy is working, and 40 ain't all that bad.
I saw a couple milsurpers mention using a LabRadar, but no reviews. So I thought I would start one.
Now I realize that an expensive personal Doppler radar is overkill for these old rifles - but this is a different hobby for me. As a happy mathematician, most of my hobbies intersect with scientific tinkering - some basement physics and engineering of various sorts, various navigational math with a sextant and, yes, ballistics in general.

First observations on the LabRadar after setting up is...this is going to be a lot of fun. First measurement out of the box...my son's nerf darts travel at 88-150 FPS.
Second observation, the bluetooth mobile app sucks. It is worthless even when it works. Do some googling and it fails to connect on any device most of the time. I was only able to use it by pulling out a very old, outdated tablet. Even then it would poop out whenever the screensaver on the LabRadar engaged, causing the app to need to be reset. The only added conveinience is not having to touch the Labradar to put it in "arm" mode. I don't know how finicky the target alignment is yet, but I can see that if you "bump" it by pressing the arm button, it could cause the alignment to be altered. But I haven't heard anyone complain that it is that finicky, only that the notch "sight" on top is hard to use, and you're better off taping a piece of drinking straw to the top to make alignment easier.

Next report from the range...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.