Hello friends,

I was hoping you guys could help me identifying this (presumably) german k98.

A little backstory:

My girlfriend's grandfather owned a bar in Amsterdam in the 50's - 60's. He was an avid collector and his customers knew they could trade items he'd find interesting for alcohol. At some time his collection included but was not limited to: ivory, African spears and other exotic weapons, shrunken heads, tomahawks from NA, flint-lock pistols, exotic animal hides etc. Stuff that would be difficult to get through customs lol.

Recently he pulled out this rifle from his attic. He told me it has been lying there for a very long time (50+ years). Somebody traded it with him in exchange for some booze!

I currently only have 2 photo's of it as you can see. - The rifle also has the matching eagle stamp on the barrel. The numbers on the upper receiver and bolt handle for example unfortunately do not match (see below). What can you tell me about this rifle? Do you need more info?

Upper receiver stamped 8286
Bolt handle stamped 2528 AA (?)

Thank you in advance,

Emiel

P.S. Apologies for the condition of the rifle... Luckily it seems to be mostly surface rust. I will try to get it back to its former glory.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.