CMPicon is pretty backed up these days. With all that's going on, back in late oct. I decided that one Garandicon isn't enough, and I should get a couple more so my kiddos have a chance to cherish one when they are older and the rifles are all gone.
Weird things going on... the CMP forum no longer takes my password, can't reset it as it won't send the email, and can't create a new account since it won't send the confirmation email either. Sent a note to the support folks, but I'm too excited to wait and post there! They are almost here! Also weird, I never got the "Don't bother us" email. My order magically showed up in the store yesterday, credit card charged on Thursday. Just to check all was well, I placed an order for a couple bayonets and books on the estore. Went through just fine and I got the confirmation email in a few seconds...same email as I use in the forum.

Now to the point...I'm excited to work up some low-recoil plinking loads for the kids. I don't cast (yet, and probably not for a few years). I read H4895 is great for this, but don't have any and will likely not be able to get it. I'll have to use IMR4064, since I have plenty of it. There is a proven reloads service rifle article http://www.provenreloads-handloads.c...ce-rifle-loads that says just lighter weight projectiles will do the trick. I'll start with that, along with min. powder weight reported in my manuals. Hornady's manual goes much lighter than my others. You may possibly save me powder in these times while it's scarce and rationed by sharing what you've already discovered?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.