Evening all....
My American Legion Post has 9 1903's. 1 Rock Island, 7 Springfields and 1 Remington. Dating from 1903 (118XXX) to 1942 (318XXXX). We have been firing them at funerals for veterans. We were having problems with them not firing, not ejecting the cartridge and trouble reloading rounds. Who knows how long it was when they were last cleaned. I took them home and my son and i did a good cleaning on all of them. Some of the ejectors were worn, so i replaced them. I was given 10 firing pins and springs so i replaced them also. I put 3 spent rounds in each weapon and worked the bolt and all ejected fine. We took them out the other day, put in blanks and tried firing them. After firing the rounds, we had trouble with the bolts. I had to slam the handle with the palm of my hand to get it to move upward. Once it popped up, i was able to pull it to the rear and eject the spent round. Anyone have any ideas of what may be going on?
Thanks in advance....
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.