Hi C&R Junkies, from another thread

I was meeting a gentleman at a midway FFL, to transfer some SKS iron. Hadn't been to this shop since the plague made people crazy, but you know the drill, check out the inventory. The racks on the floor were pretty bare, no pistols in the glass cases, and the hundred station rack behind the counter, only had about 8 slots with rifles for sale.
Among those in the rack was a .30-06 FN49. Immediately filed in my memory card.

So after the 10 Kali cooling-off cycle, I go back to pick up a Cowboy Companion barreled receiver that I DROSed. I happened to mention to the owner that I had SKSs that I'd trade straight across for the FN49. What would it take? He knows I'm an SKS junkie/*****. Comes back saying 3 good ones would do it. "I'll be back" says I. The next day I show up with a Yugoicon M59/66 (neutered for Kali - Tapco muzzle device), a commercial NORINCO (non-milsurp), and a home grown Paratrooper (P50 front, Williams Fire sight, a short 14X1 threaded TriDelta brake) built from a CAI cracked stocked special. An "F" letter gun with matching metal bits.

"WE GOT A DEAL" he says. The FN serial is 1271, pretty low number. Has a couple minor issues, but other wise seems decent. I'm stoked. I'm already working on a bayo deal.
This will be my 3rd FN49. A garage sale Egyptian, and a 7MM Venezuelan as issued. PAX
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.