My Garandicon doesn't cycle.* Bolt is not stripping a fresh round from the clip.* Chamber is empty.* Piston is .5248/.5247 (two measures 90 deg apart), so a little under .525.* Cylinder accepts .528 pin, pin slides through freely.* .530 pin does not go in either end. Bore gauge measures .5285/.5286 at the muzzle* So the piston is slightly small, but the cylinder is well under .532, so the clearance isnt bad.* Bore is clean and shiny except for a dull* area* near the sling swivel that extends about an inch into the bore.* Bore measures*.529/.545 at the sling swivel.* Looks like machining marks in this area from a twist drill or a boring bar.* Gun worked well until a long day at the range.* Went home, gave it a serious cleaning and it hasn't worked since.* My guess is gas is venting before the bolt gets behind the top round.* My thought was the wear slowly filled with carbon enough so that it cycled normally, then I cleaned it and no joy.* But the* machining marks are a mystery.* Doesnt look like wear marks, and no scraping on the piston. Is that wear, or is that original, or what? Is my gas cylinder junk?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.