11-07-2023 @ 12:30 PM
    Real Name
    David Walz
    Local Date
    05-02-2024
    Local Time
    05:07 PM

Springfield Krag rifle builder.

Hello everyone, I have a collection of military rifles that keeps growing and growing.
    Here in Alaska during the winter snow, I try and keep busy, one of the best ways to keep busy is to build old firearms from scratch using factory original parts.

From the beginning of my collection, I realized that a old firearm could be jacked up, dangerous to shoot, basically a pile of junk and that's why I build them so they are period correct down to the last nut and screw, the headspace is correct so I can shoot any rifle or handgun in my armory. These rifles were made to go into battle, so I don't have any hesitation in shooting them, I need the finish the same, and the stock, to keep it original. Here in Alaska we can have any firearm in the world as long as it is ATF approved, which means we have a lot of firearms to choose from. I personally have a lot of firearms from around the world, mostly military.

I have learned that forums are a great resource for knowledge, research, and books. If you don't mind me picking your knowledge, I have some questions.

I purchased the Joe Poyer book on Kragicon rifles, his books are great, and it really has in depth information on the parts. I've used his books before and I keep notes inside them for a lot of rifles in my armory.

I want to post some questions with this thread and hopefully get some answers.

Attachment 115831
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by 99621; 03-15-2021 at 03:53 PM.