Threaded View

Last On
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Local Date
    04-26-2024
    Local Time
    12:36 AM

first carbine unboxing

I just picked up my midwayusa m1 carbine - nice lady at my ffl let me swing by after work without making an appointment. Am I the first to get mine? It was certainly fast. I was very worried at first. Tracking said 1 of 8 and I panicked that maybe due to lack of coffee tues. morning I bought 8 by accident! I guess 7 others in my area landed one too.

Overall impression...I think I got my money's worth. very-good-to-fine national postal meter. some dried carbon + grease around the chamber mouth, but no rust visible anywhere. The usual very strong fresh-from-the-ole-crate surplus smell was present. The bolt cycles veeerrrry smooth. The trigger group is a little jiggly, first carbine so no comparison for what is normal.

The stock is NPM//FJA marked, with usual dings. the metal seems to have 100% finish left, so maybe it was the stock dings and scratches that dropped it from standing out as fine. the only metal wear is on the edges of the buttplate.

Inside the lower sling cut are some letters stamped into the wood on 2 lines...TR??LE//TN. I'll have to look that up

I need to find some mags, dies, and brass now. Work is very hectic this and next month. Haven't seen my kids or dog awake for several days now. Once it lets up I'll add plenty of pictures.

EDIT: Took me a while to find time to take pics - they start at post 22 here https://www.milsurps.com/showthread....l=1#post500913
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by ssgross; 06-16-2021 at 04:49 PM.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to ssgross For This Useful Post: