Spotted one of these yesterday at an antique shop identified as a "vintage Britishicon sword" for $250.

No scabbard, covered in light rust but would likely clean up with minimal pitting but little finish left. Grip is wood and looked good. Blade markings correct, Pommel guard with correct emblem. Not much rust on the pommel or guard but again, little to no finish.

In my searches, I am positive on the ID. This was Spains last cavalry sword and last used in a cavalry charge in the 1920's.

No recent sales that I could find, all about two years old, all considerably less than $250 with a scabbard and no rust. Actual price would be $225 with discount but I'm thinking still too much.

What holds my interest is that I have nearly all the Spanish blade weapons from thid era but this one. I have an officers sword already. Only other thing I'm aware of not having is the commando bolo knife.

I'm figuring top value is probably around $150. Anyone have any more recent insights.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.