Not sure this is the proper place to ask a question that is related to the M1icon Garand. A friend recently gave me the M1938 Scabbard as a gift. He said he had seen it advertised and thought it would be a good gift for me as he knew I collect M1 Rifles. As I know there are many repros available and not knowing anything about this scabbard I was concerned. The scabbard itself appears to be original. It has the US stamping and manufacturers name (HOTZE) and 1942. I am concerned about the straps. The first thing that bothered me was that the keepers are not stitched but are stapled. The clips on the end of the straps seem to be finished in a dark black enamel paint. My thought is that the straps are either later replacements or reproduction. I don't know if staples were used in 1942. If they are reproductions they are of very good quality. I know pictures would be a big help but I am not sure how to post pictures. That will take me quite a while to figure out. Any information or a place I might better research this scabbard would be appreciated. Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.