Quote Originally Posted by jimb16 View Post
I think the rear sight is ok. One of the big problems with the fakes is the way they put the RR on them. The fakes have a heavier /broader letter and they are too evenly spaced. Plus the pin is flat ended. In this case the pin is rounded although it is hard to see. The staking is very tight to the pin and smaller diameter than the staking on the fakes. It is also fairly deep which covers much of the end of the pin! The bottom of the sight also is very close to the bottom of the dovetail allowing almost no light to get thru. Fakes usually have a good sized gap underneath the rear sight. The spring is also the typical fire blue of the originals. And one more thing, the milling marks on the base are correct for a bar cut with a band saw instead of rounded like a chop saw as used on most of the repops. I have a good selection of originals to compare it to, so I'm pretty confident.
No, I'm pretty positive it's a reproduction rear sight. Most reproduction sights don't have any gap at the bottom. Only one maker has a gap. All the others are flat.