For my wife's birthday yesterday we went bombing around St. Louis Missouri yesterday & to kill some time waiting for the restaurant she wanted to hit for dinner, we hit a couple army navy stores. Found a fair condition S98/05 bayonet at the first shop that followed me home. Found this little gem at the second shop of the day.

Remington 1913 bayonet. Made in March of 1916 and acquired for US issue with the crossed out Britishicon proofs & US property stamp. Its in a late WW2 Beckwith M1917 scabbard. I'm assuming that it was rearsenaled at the end of WW2 due to the dark parkerizing. There still grease in the screw heads. The grip scales are in excellent condition. I find it odd that it never had the clearing hole added to the pommel. I've never personally seen a US issue P13 bayonet with a 1916 production date before.

Funny thing, I was in need of a M1917 bayonet for a trench gun. I'd bought a M1917 bayonet the day before I found this one.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.