Hi Guys,

Recently had the opportunity to pick up this beautiful 1915 Lithgowicon with all of its original trim.
All matching apart from a mismatched bolt and has been factory re-barreled (I believe) in 49 with the action re-stamped with a serial number that matches the nose cap but no other parts. She has had a long life from what I can see and was eventually used as a range rifle as someone bored out the nose cap and tried to bed it with grey silicone (I know it sounds rough but I was able to remove all of the silicone!). This is where the questions come in!

1) I think it would be best to replace the nose cap and I have an open eared Lithgow marked nose cap that would match and you can see in one of the pictures, opinions on this?

2) It is missing its inner barrel retaining band and the front barrel tensioner. I want to replace both of these items but am terrified of taking of the front sight as I have never done it before! Any tips and or recommendations? I want to take it back to pre when it was made into a range rifle and have it as a shooter as the rifling is crisp!

3) The top hand guard nose metal screws are missing, any clue where to get some of these or will I need to take them off another hand guard?

Overall im extremely happy considering what I paid for it. Even have a 1915 Lithgow bayonet to go with it! Would love some opinions on the rifle and all comments are welcome, I'm far from an experienced collector and have just enough knowledge to get me in trouble!
Best Regards,
Sam.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.