Hybrid View

Last On
    06-28-2022 @ 05:05 PM
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    03:15 AM

Scam Alert!!!

I cannot believe that I fell for this, but I did and wanted to share this with everyone so you can learn from my mistake. I posted a while back asking if anyone had a sling swivel for sale for a Colt Model 1902 Semi-Auto Pistol. After it had been there awhile, someone responded telling me to PM someone. I should have looked at the number of posts of the individual responding, but I did not. That was his first post.

I reached out to the individual via email and he said he did have a lanyard and pin and he even sent me a photo of a Colt 1902 with the lanyard ring attached. Made me believe the individual was legitimate. Second red flag was he asked what I was willing to pay. I gave him a range and he took the high amount and said he could sell it to me for that amount shipped. He asked for payment via PayPal and I sent him the money. I should have verified the account I was sending money to. When I did it after the fact, the account showed it was outside the United Statesicon. This morning he said he was trying to ship it and he said it was $30 more to ship the small part. That finally got me suspicious. I asked him how it could possibly cost $30 to ship such a small part and he said he was in Oregon and I am in Georgia. I told him to cancel the deal and refund me my money. He went radio silent and I will never see that money again. Lesson learned. Buyer Beware. I was careless so please check carefully in a similar situation.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Advisory Panel browningautorifle's Avatar
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Real Name
    Jim
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    12:15 AM
    We have a forum for this so you can post the name and the rest here will be alerted... https://www.milsurps.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47
    Regards, Jim

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread