I need help to ID this Katana.
Ive not been able to find any similar scabbards nor swords with all the features this has.

I believe this is a Japaneseicon non-com sword, perhaps pre-WWII or early WWII. However, some of the features seem more ornate than the typical non-coms Ive seen. Another idea is that this may be an adolescent's or child's student sword from a military academy!?!?

There is a Mei on the Nakago, but Ill have to remove the Tsuka to show it.
The strip of leather in the third pic is nearly all that is left of the original Ito. I wrapped the Tsuka myself with leather Ito from Japan.
The Tsuka under the Ito is made of two wood halves and a copper or bronze wire mesh sheet over the full length of each side.
The Kekugi is either bronze or copper.
There is no Hi (its not fullered) and there is no evidence that there ever was a Hamon.
The Saya is covered with leather. The Kojiri has three discs that rotates freely, almost as if it is a wheel for when the Saya may hit the ground.
AS the pics show it is a 39" (99cm) long standard length sword with a normal 29" (73.7cm) blade length.

The blade has certainly seen better days, but Id like to know just exactly what kind of Katana and how old this is!

Attachment 121627Attachment 121628Attachment 121629Attachment 121630
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.