Quote Originally Posted by James B. View Post
That's an interesting gun. It has all the main features of early production WWII M97 but for the barrel. The serial number range, stock markings & receiver markings seem to be correct. However the handguard would need closer inspection. I'd say if the finish was original (hard to tell from pics.) & handguard is correct it's got to be worth the asking price even with the wrong barrel. Wouldn't any '41 '42 dated barrel be correct for this gun or was there a different bomb mark on the top?
As a side note, does the barrel have the pinch marks where the magazine band would have indexed?
JB

The seller appears to be interesting as well. He's had four other items listed sale as well and none seem to have sold since January as far I can see. Each time an attempt to make a connection with him concerning his Trench F Gun I was met with a strange reply or none at all. The first reply was "...how do you intent to proceed". I made an offer and his reply was "... too far away". Not sure if he meant distance or price wise. Anyway I've lost most of my interest. It seems fruitless trying to find anything out further worthwhile.