Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    04-29-2024
    Local Time
    12:27 AM

So it's Keeler not Keller

Bored while on light duty because of fresh stiches in the head, I've started trying to organize my Magazines. You know, get something done and look organized.
    Over the years I used this Carbine Mag ID site for reference:
    M1 Carbine 15 rnd Magazines

Today I dug out a catch all misc mag box with some M3 'Grease Gun' mags I had stowed away. I sidetracked to look in to the maker and came across Keeler Brass Co.

So all this time I'm thinking my K-IP, K-II, K-S'G', I-P-K, etc mags were Keller Brass Co like the link has listed, but now know it is Keeler Brass Co of West Michigan.

So tuck away this trivial FYI. Maybe tomorrow I can clear up the mess I started today .
    Seems like I remember a Canteen here that was Keller....... I mean Keeler, I'll have to look in the Kit Dept.

Cheers All
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Charlie-Painter777

A Country Has No Greater Responsibility Than To Care For Those Who Served...

2. The Following 6 Members Say Thank You to painter777 For This Useful Post:

Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Real Name
    Bob
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    09:27 PM
    Hey Charlie, even I knew that and have since I was your age! - Bob

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=29661

4. Thank You to USGI For This Useful Post:

5. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    04-29-2024
    Local Time
    I'll try to remember.
    Much like first names I forget minutes after hearing. Reason I nick name.
    Charlie-Painter777

Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Real Name
    Bob
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    Sounds like we're in the same boat. I've had that problem for years! It's sure good to have you back on the forums. - Bob

8. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to USGI For This Useful Post:

Advisory Panel browningautorifle's Avatar
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Real Name
    Jim
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    Quote Originally Posted by USGI View Post
    It's sure good to have you back on the forums.
    I was getting worried...
    Regards, Jim

10. Thank You to browningautorifle For This Useful Post:

Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    04-29-2024
    Local Time

Going Off Topic

Last year my Wifes health took a turn for the worse. Some forum friends were aware of it. She has Parkinson's and her meds got all out of whack. I became a 24-7 caretaker. At times I didn't sleep for a few days at a time. It seriously took just this side of going to jail to get all her Doctors on the same page and do a Medicine Evaluation. She's 5'6", her weight had dropped from about 142 to 96lbs. She was experiencing extreme hallucinations, not even knowing who I was most of the time. I couldn't get her admitted in to the hospital because all they were letting in were Covid and basically ready for death bed patients. Her main medicine for Parkinson's is Sinemet. As her symptoms worsened they kept increasing the Sinemet mixing higher strength time released with Instant release. Finally after months of screaming for and trying to get other opinions U of M did a Med review and they found she had Toxic levels of it in her. She couldn't walk, stand, concentrate or communicate and was wheelchair bound. Toughest thing we've been thru by far as a by stander. Office visits are a thing of the past around here. They want to handle everything thru a Q&A via a online Portal. Or diagnose you thru a zoom meeting. I really thought I was going to loose her. Things have slowly improved with her still fragile but mobile. She's up to 116lbs and can understand, communicate, cook (Thank God) and no longer having the severe Hallucinations. Pretty much fully functioning like before, but still building her strength and not yet confident to drive yet again.
    Charlie-Painter777

Last On
    04-18-2024 @ 08:34 PM
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by painter777 View Post
    Last year my Wifes health took a turn for the worse. Some forum friends were aware of it. She has Parkinson's and her meds got all out of whack. I became a 24-7 caretaker. At times I didn't sleep for a few days at a time. It seriously took just this side of going to jail to get all her Doctors on the same page and do a Medicine Evaluation. She's 5'6", her weight had dropped from about 142 to 96lbs. She was experiencing extreme hallucinations, not even knowing who I was most of the time. I couldn't get her admitted in to the hospital because all they were letting in were Covid and basically ready for death bed patients. Her main medicine for Parkinson's is Sinemet. As her symptoms worsened they kept increasing the Sinemet mixing higher strength time released with Instant release. Finally after months of screaming for and trying to get other opinions U of M did a Med review and they found she had Toxic levels of it in her. She couldn't walk, stand, concentrate or communicate and was wheelchair bound. Toughest thing we've been thru by far as a by stander. Office visits are a thing of the past around here. They want to handle everything thru a Q&A via a online Portal. Or diagnose you thru a zoom meeting. I really thought I was going to loose her. Things have slowly improved with her still fragile but mobile. She's up to 116lbs and can understand, communicate, cook (Thank God) and no longer having the severe Hallucinations. Pretty much fully functioning like before, but still building her strength and not yet confident to drive yet again.
    Had a similar situation with my bride some years ago. Glad things seem to be working out.

13. Thank You to floydthecat For This Useful Post:

Contributing Member SRiverrat11's Avatar
    Last On
    04-27-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Real Name
    Scott
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    I'm so glad to see you back. I've been missing your bright demeanor and knowledge. I'm so glad to hear your wife is doing much better. I'm looking forward to your posts!

15. Thank You to SRiverrat11 For This Useful Post:

Last On
    @
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    She almost joined the stats for the third leading cause of death in the USAicon: "medical misadventure", now more politely known as "iatrogenic causes". (Presumably a phrase less likely to be understood by us plebs than the other?)

Good for you for fighting for her, so many don't bother and pay the price.
    “There are invisible rulers who control the destinies of millions. It is not generally realized to what extent the words and actions of our most influential public men are dictated by shrewd persons operating behind the scenes.”

Edward Bernays, 1928

Much changes, much remains the same.

17. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Surpmil For This Useful Post:

Last On
    04-22-2024 @ 04:12 PM
    Real Name
    David Haynes
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    11:27 PM
    I've been with Kaiser for about 30 years, it used to be the tip of the arrow, best of the best. Now they got rid of all of the American doctors and brought in Chinese and others. My doctor is a Syrian, maybe a vet over there, who knows. My best friend, like a brother to me ,Viet Vet Marine. Has the same doctor as me. He went to Kaiser with an ear ache and within a year of "Care" they killed his kidneys and thus killed him. All he did was follow their orders. They'd give him some high grade medicine and then forget about him for a few months. He had in this order: Anti-biotic induced pneumonia, Dehydrated him until his organs started to shut down. He was about 30 minutes from dying when he went to the ER. Last was another huge drip dumping medicine into him while they ignored him. That killed his kidneys. Kaiser of course increased their patient load until they are unavailable for most customers. If you show up with your head under your arm, they have you taken care of by a good surgeon contract or otherwise. The regular stuff gets used by the homeless and immigrant illegals that the state pays for. In a word, they now suck.

19. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to DaveHH For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast