Threaded View

Last On
    03-10-2024 @ 07:16 AM
    Local Date
    05-08-2024
    Local Time
    06:37 AM

another funny Navy story

so i served aboard the USS Alabama SSBN 731 , a Trident Submarine , we never went to ports due to the nature of our weapons , so it was a big deal when we went to Pearl Harbor to Re-cert Mk48 torpedo

due to the draft we pulled we had to be tugged in dragging bottom and moored at Ford Island across from the Arizona memorial , at the time Ford Island was a landing strip and officers housing , we were to be ferried on and off the island by shuttle boat for shore duty , the ferry dock was on the other side of the island , we were told in no uncertain terms not to short cut through the center to get back to the boat

so a bunch of us , drunk made the last ferry back to the island , we decided we were too drunk to walk all the extra way around the island back to the boat , so across the airstrip we preceded , we just reach the center of the air strip and then the flood lights hit us , it was as if it were day time , if we went backward there was no cover so we scattered and ran for the officers housing

in retro spec shore patrol was waiting for us as they knew the last shuttle boat just poured us off the boat , so about 10 or 12 off us being chased through the officers housing by shore patrol , they were coming from both directions , i went up a tree , my buddy hid in a bush , any idea how hard it is to calm your breathing after a sprint ?

so now they are getting close , i could hear the family inside the house laughing as they watched the clown car rodeo unfold in their neighborhood , but i remember thinking if they are laughing their not narcing , boom they got Halverson , the bushs proved to be a poor choice , more laughter from inside the house prompted some chuckles from SP

they moved on not paying attention to the trees , i jumped down , threw op the double thumbs at the window , BOL from within the house ensued and i was off , all in all they had a 50% capture rate , as i left the boat heading back to Waikiki Halverson was standing petty officer of the deck watch , shore leave cancelled for the duration

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to micmacman For This Useful Post: