A good friend of mine collects Garands and has well over 50 in his vault. I was talking to him and told him I had gone the CMPicon route and gotten a very nice Korean war Garandicon but really wanted a WWII vintage rifle since my Dad had fought in the Bulge. He originally obtained most of his Garands back when CMP allowed Garand Collectors Association folks to come volunteer at Anniston. He was interested in thinning out his collection a little to someone who would respect the rifle for what it was.To make a long story a little shorter he brought 3 rifles for me to look at. I picked the best looking one of the three and he told me he believed it to be all original. I trust him explicitly but want to verify everything in my own mind.

With what little I know about Garands....the barrel date matches the receiver and the stock has the correct cartouches for the date. Lockbar rear site and an unrelieved operating rod. Thats basically as far as I can go with Canfields book. Where can I find information on drawing numbers and heat lots and such without spending more money than I paid for the rifle in books? I know this is the right place to ask as you folks seem to be the real deal here.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.