Sorry I know it is not milsurp,but I trust the opinion of the crowd here.Years ago I worked in a gun store and a guy was trying to trade this rifle on a Browning A5, the owner didn't want it and I eventually agreed to take it as a couple weeks pay so the guy could get his shotgun and it was pretty. So it has been in the back of my safe for years.I collect ww2 rifles, and shoot NRA highpower, I am not a hunter so it sits.
I would guess it is from the sixties.The action is marked FN Herstal Belgiumicon Action. It is in 300 Win Mag. marked on the shoulder of the barrel, it has a Laminate stock with Rose wood tip.that is beautiful but is dated I have seen them before on vintage custom rifles I think they were popular.It has a nice trigger in it and Weaver 9 power steel scope of the same era. The gun is pretty much mint except for a little bluing wear on the muzzle face.
I assume this is Commercial long magnum action. Is it adaptable to build a 300 Win.Mag or 338 Lapua tactical rifle I would actually use?
Should I just sell it instead of tearing it up and buy what I want? Is this a $300 sporter or more of a $1000 dollar piece? Any guidance appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.