Last On
    04-22-2024 @ 04:12 PM
    Real Name
    David Haynes
    Local Date
    05-06-2024
    Local Time
    05:58 PM
    Years ago Marty contacted me and wanted some info about my 5.6 Win which was thought to be an original gun. He had a Winchester that was very close to mine in number and was curious about some marks on his new one. It was around 150 or so close to mine, had a flip sight (Mine had a type 3) and some scratches, rather crunch marks like the receiver had been in a vise. Mine didn't have any but otherwise it was a good example of how different these guns can be. If I recall, the marks looked somewhat similar to what is here except smaller. Of course there was no chance that Marty's carbine was anything but an original weapon. A very nice carbine it was.

My DCM M1icon (1983) came out of Rock Island and was ( This is what we heard at the gun club) one of a small group of very carefully rebuilt rifles that were destined for some foreign sale. The sale apparently didn't go through and these silver sack weapons went on the RI racks. The silver sack was opened to get the # They were apparently done in Dec of 65 by some people who really took care. The stock was new walnut and it weighs about a full pound more than a regular one. Heavy dense walnut. Glass bedded at the trigger housing, new wood forward, new barrel 11/65, new gas cylinder, SA 3.3 receiver, milled trigger guard, bolt was not new, new HRA op rod, new late bullet guide etc. It came with new cleaning kid, sling, and delron guards on sight and muzzle. It was unfired and took ten men and a small horse to snap the trigger guard. The gas cylinder had to be removed with a block of wood and hammer. Nobody else in our club got one of these. Most of theirs came from Texas and were NG guns with the standard wowee on the stock where they were tossed into the jeep trailer. The club received everything from NM rifles to beat up junkers, it was just what was the next one on the rack.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to DaveHH For This Useful Post: