Last year I found an 1903A4 that some nimrod had sportered. Although the metal had not been cut, the rifle had been highly polished and blued. It is a beautiful rifle, but requires quite a bit to return it to it's original condition.

The bolt, scope mount barrel and receiver all appear to be original 03A4, although not original 03A4 condition. I decided that it would not make sense to restore it as such, but rather to acquire, as I was able, the parts necessary to get it closer to original condition.

Today I moved a step closer. I found a Lyman Alaskan scope with the mount and rings. I, of course, cant be certain, but it appears that the mount and rings maybe period correct for the scope. I'll post better pics when the auction house sends the scope.

Any 03A4 experts out there who could offer an opinion on whether the rings and mounts are like the kind used on the 03A4? Description advised as follows:

Lyman Alaskan Scope w/ tapered Post Rectile & Redfield Mounts. Good Optics, some loss of blue on the tube.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.