Anyone have a Stag upper and a Stag 22 conversion kit they could share their experiences with?

Or for "comparison" any other brand of upper and conversion kit.

I've done some looking around and found a couple of manufacturers of the kits in the $129 range. Stag is in the $220 range but is stainless where the others are not. Stainless was adding another $70 to those brands which bring it more into line with the Stag and there are a few dealers selling the Stags for a bit less.

Reviews I've read have not been very favorable to the non-Stag conversion kits stating there is an issue with jamming every few rounds, a problem not shared by the Stag kit in a Stag upper. The only issue with the Stag was that it may not work with Remington 22LR ammo (instructions from the factory) which I'm assuming is more with the ammo than the kit.

I have a friend that is building an AR and I'm sure his next step will be a 22 conversion due to the reduced cost of the ammo. I'm also considering one for a Stag model 6 Super Varminter because if he's shooting 22LR, I want to be shooting the same.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.