I ordered an "Excellent" 24/47 from SAMCO on May 24th and it arrived today.

I had to pick it up from UPS as there was a snafu with the address. So I didn't open the box until I got home and I have to tell you, I was blown away. The rifle is in beautiful shape. Of course, I have a bunch of cosmolineicon to clean up, but that's just part of the deal.

The wood almost looks like oak to me, or at least a similar grain configuration. There are minimal handling marks and one large mark on the left of the stock by the rear sling swivel. The bolt, receiver and stock are numbers matching. The magazine plate is not. The Yugoicon crest on the receiver is there, but somewhat faint. The bluing is excellent with just some wear around the muzzle. It's hard to see what the barrel looks like as it's full of grease, but from what I can see, the rifling looks pretty strong.

Anyway, the weather is supposed to warm up, so it will be disassembled and get to catch some rays over the next few days.

If anybody can tell me what type of sling it should have and where to find one, I'd appreciate it.

Here's some pics:

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.