Rifle description: No.4MK1* Long Branch 1943, all matching numbers in right places, rear stock non matching wood to forearm and butt has a NZicon mark on it. The receiver ring has a W on it. All metal has been suncorited. Bore appears 4 or 5 groove and mirror brillant. Shoots MkVII SA ball ammo .5 MOA at 100 yds from Lead Sled.

I don't think Long Branch ever suncorited rifles and that W on rec. ring may be Weedon arsenal marking. There is no FTR marking anywhere.

Due to the phenomenal accuracy, I have not pulled off the forearm to see if any clues remain under the wood. As long as bedding VOO DOO is doing what its doing and this rifle is performing perfectly, I am not touching anything.

So... what do you think here. Is this a refinished by Britishicon arsenal Long Branch that was in British service ? I am discounting the NZ marking as there is no telling if that was a replacement stock somewhere along its life time. There are no other NZ marks on metal.

Would a No.4 get suncorited post war and not be marked FTR? What is the most probable explaination of what these rifles clues mean?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.