I have recebtly purchased an M38 Carcano from my local gun shop for a price of $40. It has lots of things wrong with it but it does have a couple bright spots. The rifle is dated 1939 ans is in the 7.35mm Carcano cal. and the bbl is in decent shape. Any advice or feedback would be appriciated during the restoration process. I would be inerested in hearing all coments, positive and negative.

The Good: The rifle is in 7.35mm(yes I consider this good), all major parts are there, the shape of the parts is not terrible, the original cleaning rod is still with the rifle, and probably the best part is the price.

The Bad: Where to begin...The stock has been cut even with the front of the rear band, the rear band has been cut even with the top of the stock, the hanguard is missing, the bayo lug and front band are also missing, the firing pin has been broken and rewelded to the locking nut at some point, the front trigger guard screw has been replaced with a run-of-the-mill hardware store screw and finallybutplate is rusted fairly bad.

I will post pics and progress as time allows as there is much to gather and work on, but in the end it should be all worth if I can get everything at the right price. Wish me luck!!

mdrim13
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.