I'm looking at buying some bullets (2000+) to use for .308 and 30/06 in my garands,M1Aicon and AR10.
Does anyone here have any experiance with the Nosler 168gr custom competition or Hornady 168gr A-max?
I've loaded the 168SMK's and they shoot great in the M1A and garands so I know what I'm getting with those. I just got the AR10 so I have'nt shot it yet,waiting for the spring thaw.
So,what I'm wondering is if anyone knows how overall accuracy differs from the 3 bullets mentioned. I know every gun has its own likes and dislikes but what I'm looking for is someone who has actually used any of these and what you think of them.

Also,does anyone know if the A-max feeds ok in these auto loaders? Any issues with the plastic tip?
Seeing as I can't get out to experiment for at least another month or two I'm just trying to decide on what to buy so I can get some reloading done. The cost of the Nosler CC is the lowest,in the middle is the A-max,the SMK's are the most expensive. I'm wondering if this is a case of you get what you pay for or are these decent alternatives to the high cost of SMK's?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.