Well I'm not a fan of any of the US made M1Aicon semis. They all tend to be junk, that's why they have warrenties, so you can send them back to the factory and hopefully get them fixed!
Of course the only ones that still have warrenties are new made sprungfelds, all the other US made M1A makers are long since out of business so it's just like buying a chicom.
As for dependability - over the years I have read reports of catastrophic malfunctions occuring with every single maker of US made M1A rifles. I have never yet seen a single report of that with either the norinco or poly tech rifles - NOT ONE! Yep, believe it when the so called "expurtz" tell you the chicoms are junk!
I know of factory original M14/S rifles - no US parts - with over 10K rds thru them w/o a problem.
I have an All Original norinco M14/S and it is as good, or Better than any of the US made rifles. Yep, it has no warrenty - so what, It has never needed one!
I also have a norinco M14 select fire. I have it only because it was so cheap I couldn't resist buying it. It is just like ALL the US made M14 select fire rifles, a POS on FA!!! I never shoot it, but I will take it to the range occasionaly to let some other guy shoot it.
If I want to shoot a main battle rifle on FA I use my FN/FAL which is totaly controllable.
I shoot my Garand more than my M14/S.
Sarge