Evening Gentlemen,

I purchased a Winchester in .243 on Saturday for only $199 and was pumped, where you can find Winchesters for that price!

Got home to do some research and spent 45 minutes doing online research to figure out what model it was. Couldn't nail down the model and did a search on "bolt actions with magazine release in trigger" and saw some foreign stuff that gave me a bad feeling. I then decided to pull the sight and front picatinny rail to see if there was a stamp on the receiver…

F**********************************K

So after more research I've determined its a 5th series Nagoya Arsenal T-38. Rebarreled for .243, aftermarket bolt, drilled and tapped for scopes. It shoots fine so the headspace was done correctly but I'm very annoyed I went from a Winchester to a 1930s Japanese rifle.

My question is, about what is it worth? My day or so of research leads me to believe there is little value in a sporterized Arisakaicon, with a decent, original mil spec model collecting between $200-$300. I don't mind the rifle but if $200 is more than this is worth I'm going back for at least a partial refund. Scope is a POS so no value there...

What do you guys think? Purpose for me is general hunting/plinking rifle so I'm really fine having a jap bolt action, It's more the circumstances from which I received it that **** me off. What do you guys think I should ask for back? $60-$100 or so?

Appreciate your responses.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.