Threaded View

Last On
    09-19-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Local Date
    06-15-2024
    Local Time
    11:59 PM

Dang I love this carbine! Sight-in pics

Got a chance to shoot my 6 digit Inland, post-war rebuild and regulate the sights at 25 yards from a rest. The weapons has seen zero use since the rebuild, and looks as good as a white bag carbine I had 10 or 12 years ago. It has been totally refinished with a dark charcoal color park job. The Underwood barrel (with only "-44" stamped on it with an ordnance bomb) has an ME of "0".

Went up in the forest and measured of 25 yards. Seat up an ersatz rest using a saw horse and a towel, and a lawn chair. The targets were GI 25 yard sight in targets. Thee trigger is tough at about 8-9 pounds. I will have to stone it to smooth it out. With that said, I started with Kings Mill '43 WW2 ammo. About 1 in 5 rounds had dead primers, but the ones that went off were great.

With the sight on the 100/150 setting, the windage was perfect, but it was printing about 1.5" to 2" below the dotted line for acceptable group. The front sight is tall and un-messed with, probably put on at rebuild. When I put it up on the 200 setting, the group was perfect. I tired some reloads, 15 grains of WW296 under a 110 Rainier Ballists plated bullet, and they printed almost the same as the Kings Mill. I did some plinking, shooting - standing, off-hand with it on 200 setting. Shot great, and killed lots of pine cones and dirt clods!

I will figure how much the front sight needs trimmed, and file it. It bothers me to have to use the 200 setting for 100 yards! If it was a collector weapon, it would be different. Anyone know how much higher the 200 setting is from the 100/150?

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to imarangemaster For This Useful Post: