Contributing Member
    Last On
    05-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Local Date
    05-26-2024
    Local Time
    02:42 PM

Another addition to the workshop

Can't say I was looking for one at the time it was a case of looking for something else, this however was a golden opportunity and would of kicked myself if I'd not bothered to inquire etc, main problem with buying machinery is the transport and moving so emailed the seller to see if it was possible it would fit in a small van and if I could get help loading that end.....

The seller was a gent, and said it was mine , I arranged a time date etc and it was cash on collection, give the seller credit were its due, it was stripped down in its major bits, all parts labelled and on his driveway ready to load, what more could you ask.

On arrival it was quickly loaded and the conversation started..... the fact we had something in common a few lathes etc a milling machine I guessed he was into steam engines, I was thinking more model ones etc, but it was the real deal he was interested in and on the driveway under cover was a steam tractor and Van, amazing to see..... the conversation could of gone on till the small hours..... David if you ever read this a big thanks for the drill press and hope all goes well with the next Steam gathering.

The drill press or pillar drill in question is a Pollard, its a 3 phase which in general puts people off but intend to swap out the motors, its not an easy swap as its in the casing itself, other option is a phase convertor , its a shame its not 240- 380v motor as I could of wired it to 240 and used capacitors and run it on 240v.... single phase.

anyway a few pics,

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thank You to bigduke6 For This Useful Post: