Hi Guys, my first post on here and I'd first of all like to say what a great forum this is. As a relatively new Enfield shooter (I own a SMLE and a No.4) and been shooting them for 2 years now, I've learned a lot from this site, so thanks.
My question is around whether or not there are any negative implications to scoping my No.4. It's a "bista" rifle, but shoots very well. A 1954 action from Fazakerley, new barrel, renumbered bolt, matching numbered wood but mismatched magazine.
I'm thinking of an Armalon base and a fixed power scope, probably a Weaver and obviously a repro cheek piece. Will doing this affect potential value? Is there any potential value in such a rifle? Obviously the mount is reversible so no issue there, but putting screw holes in what is a nice butt does worry me a bit.
I guess these repro cheek pieces need some fettling too do they?
My final query is about the colouring, my stock is a blonde, what experience do others have on stains etc to bring a colour match to the wood.
Thanks for your patience and looking forward to be told to man up and get on with it!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.