Guys,
I read a detailed loaned article this week about the problems the UKicon is about to face in power failures during the cold season and into 2016 due to a number of coal fired power stations being closed prematurely, leaving the national gird very vulnerable.
My question is to my fellow site friends over the pond and especially California where TESLA are based. Has anybody got a TESLA rechargeable solar battery back up system already they can rate for me.
It is not available in the UK until next year I have been reliably informed so I am seriously toying with either having a generator fitted to take over such things as the electrical initiator for the oil burner which it needs initially to start up, (as we have no gas where we are) we do however have a coal fire but no back boiler, so I was sure someone on here would have already been down this road, especially if they live off the beaten track!!

Video: Tesla announces renewable energy batteries for the home - Telegraph
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.