Today @ 12:55 AM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    06-19-2024
    Local Time
    03:54 PM

Pre sale trading

From the other side as a buyer I know allot of stuff gets traded before the general public get in sorta like the inner circle, I can tell you this years big show at Cannington in Western Aus the one big show of the year I personally saw gear being swapped and asked about allot of really good stuff that I knew was traded before the show opened because the fit with what was on offer from the seller did not match the overall theme of his stand. You may ask how do I get to this conclusion 40 years of going to them and looking, scrounging and bargaining as there are very few eclectic (like me) collectors that sell badges, live ammo, bayonets and then have Tonka trucks and barbie dolls on the same stand. And to wait a whole year see an item that you would really want in the collection only to be told no sale as you are prepared to pay top dollar the want it syndrome.....

In essence the dealer may be doing themselves an injustice and missing out and I feel that in the spirit of a fair that it is unfair the buying public get a scrap eaters breakfast so to speak, at the show recently I think a cruddy looking Mills 36 had $350/Au on it I looked a WWI Sanderson/Neubold '07 bayonet and that was $285.00/Au in all reality I can get that item off fleabay cheaper but I try to support the locals on this one big yearly show.
    I asked one lady dealer politely about a WWI Tip Taft Australianicon slider hat badge only to be told they are very expensive, I got p*ssed at that statement as I had cold hard cash in my pocket I said "really" what is the price. This is after she told another lady how extensive her "Women of Australia" First WW badges and that she had 3,000 badges. Back to the slider) they are a rare maker you realize (I know that's why I asked D A) Oh! that one is $350.00, I said what is the best price please $350.00 obviously she liked show and tell strutting her collection. CYA...........!
    Anyway there was not that much on offer as it is fairly limited here in the West, I tried for a packet of Kynoch .577 NE (Brand new) I know the cartridge seller that's $245/Au for 5 rounds sales pitch will be collectible ummm? like how many people have the correct license to buy these or the gun to fire them it was still there at the shows end.
    Nope I reckon hold out for the Gen public and haggle with them who knows that dealer may have had a buyer contact him just prior saying I want this and he seeing an opening for a sale and you have the gear low buy high sell your loss and his gain anyway I hope you have a good show at your next event.
    Last edited by CINDERS; 10-28-2015 at 03:01 AM.