Threaded View

Last On
    05-27-2024 @ 05:35 PM
    Local Date
    05-29-2024
    Local Time
    05:53 PM

Ross MkIII restored

Just finishing up restoring my Ross MkIII. I picked this one up last spring and have been gathering the few missing bits and pieces and trying to find time to build a new stock in some nice walnut ever since. The bore on this rifle is pristine, and the rest of the rifle isn't far behind. I'm contemplating rust bluing the swivel, butt plate, nose cap, hood and mid band just to bring it all up to the same beauty. I would also get rid of the electro penciled number on the mag and re blue it if I did this.

The stock turned out better than I expected. I decided to take a weekend off from the orders and build one for myself (I've been waiting longer than everyone else! Ha Ha). This is wood from the latest set of blanks I picked up in Calgary. Its fairly plain I believe because of the way they cut it, top and bottom surfaces show nice figure but the sides are quite plain. Anyway, anyone who has recently placed an order or received a stock from me, this is what it should come out like after staining and the first couple coats of oil.

It has come a long way!

Before:

After:

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 9 Members Say Thank You to flying pig For This Useful Post: