I have two WRA No. 3 MKI* (T) sniper rifles. One has a non-matching PP scope and the other has a matching BSA scope with Irish markings. Over the years I have handled or seen pictures of 10-12 No. 3 MKI* (T) rifles with PP or BSA scopes. I don't recall ever seeing a rifle with matching PP scope. Conversely, all of the rifles with BSA scopes were matching rigs. All of the rifles (BSA or PP) I have actually handled had stocks and forearms that had been apparently armory refinished. I saw on another site that all 79 of the Irish BSA snipers along with an additional 33 PP snipers were imported to the U.S. by Interarmco in 1961. Does anyone know if the 33 PP snipers imported in 1961 account for the mismatched PP rifles that occasionally are offered for sale here in the US? Were there any other PP rifles imported? The BSA and PP snipers seem to turn up in about equal numbers - which is to say they are fairly rare. Does anyone maintain a data base of these rifles. There is not a lot of information in print beyond Skenerton's books and a few photos of the rifles in service either for training in Europe or in combat in the Pacific. I would like to see if there is any new information available.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.