Current interesting thread on DCRA rifles has prompted me to post about this one. Actually was my first L.E. and a mighty fine shooter but I've always wondered about it origins. Seller was a Canadianicon Forces armourer who indicated it had been used as a target rifle. Has the 50's six groove Cmk4 barrel and the serial number on the wrist has, obviously, been scrubbed/ restamped. The body has a '43 date on it while the serial is, I believe, from '42. So my questions to the Long Branch experts are: 1) Do the markings on the barrel indicate it was installed at the factory or were barrels like this available as spares?; 2) Why would the body be scrubbed and re-stamped to (apparently) match a bolt instead of vica-versa?

I've always assumed this was all done post service but was very well done. The bore is essentially as new and someone set up the headspace extremely tight. I've added PH sight and have made it my designated "target rifle".

Anyone see anything that might explain its origins?

Ridolpho
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.